Sunday, August 24, 2008

Another shitty sunday=Adios Cake

Another Sunday has passed me by and once again I have run atrociously bad in the Cake Sunday tournaments.

In the big one, I was all in on a stone cold bluff on only the second hand of the tournament and it worked. Today was absolutely insane. I ended up playing for about 10 hours today and made about 20 plays where I was all in on a stone cold bluff. No pair, no draws, and miraculously I was never called once. Not only that, but I am not the type of player to throw it all in with absolutely nothing. Usually when I'm all in with a weak holding, I at least have a draw of some sort.

I took 3 bad beats and one cooler in the $162 buyin tournament and was out in 90 minutes. I got knocked out by a hand that was a very familiar theme all day. About 20 times, if not more I was all in with a pocket pair and was up against a bigger pocket pair. I managed to suck out once.

I also bought into the $5 rebuys on Cake and took an 18K stack into the break which is the most I have ever had. I was out only 30 mintues later. I made a sick read and like always paid for it with my life.

I got all in with two players for what would have been massive chiplead for the tournament.

I raised in EP with Q Q. A middle stack shoved and the big stack of the table also shoved. I honestly felt that they both had A K so I called. Sure enough, I was right. The first 4 cards were blanks and the last card was a card thats only suppose to get there 8% of the time. Well, 8% has been happening a lot lately.

I then bought into a bunch of tournies on stars and started off pretty lousy in those as well. Fortunately, the day ended a lot better then it started and then ended terribly. Overall, I still managed to make money on the day.

Overall I cashed in the following:

3 table MTT.
Double Shootout satellite to the Sunday Million (some jerk made a stupid play and got lucky and cost me the satellite but I still got paid.)
3 other MTT's.

Even before I started typing this I thought I was going to be sharing a legendary story. I made one of the biggest suckouts I have ever made in my life and thought it was going to propel me to a huge finish.

I played the $5 rebuys on Stars again and heres what happened.

Hero: 250K
Villain 830K

Villain is tournament chip leader and just came to our table. I usually don't give chipleaders any credibility because they are usually giant donks who have gotten lucky.

Hero is dealt 10 10 and blinds are 2500/5000

Hero raises to 15K. Chipleader calls on the button and the SB also calls.

Flop J x x with two diamonds.

SB checks, Hero checks. Button bets 30K. I checked because I wanted to see where these guys were at. SB calls and I decide to take a turn.

Turn x no diamond.

Check, Check, Button goes all in. ????

SB folds and I decide that the button has at best a flush draw. I call.

Button shows A J of diamonds.

Fuck.

River 10

Holy Fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That shit never ever happens to me.

I actually sucked out in a 500K chip pot and am now 4th in the tournament. From that point on that same guy was out for my blood. He played every hand that I played and was one of those idiots who has to try and outplay you ever hand. I fucking hate people like that. I am here to make money. I really can care less who the best/most macho player is. Apparently the villain from that hand has to now outplay me every hand for the rest of the tournament.

I eventually get moved from that table. Thank god.

Then this happens.

Hero 600K
Villain 250K

We get all in preflop and he has K K and I have A K. I turn broadway and bust villain and become tournament chip leader with about 70 players left with 8K on the line for first place.

The last hand.

I got screwed because that same guy got moved to my table and was conveniently placed to my direct left. I knew that this guy was going to screw me over somehow and just like before he is playing all the same pots with me.

I pick up A J which is a hand that I wish I could never be dealt because it costs me the most money. In fact, I just open fold it a lot unless I think I can just win the blinds. I raise to 42K with A J diamonds and of course douchebag calls.

Flop

9 4 2 two diamonds.

Bingo.

I have pretty much decided at this point that I am going to go all the way with this hand. I wasn't sure if I should check raise or if I should just bet it out. I decided that if I bet it out that the douche bag would raise me right then and there because he has to outplay me and then I would be able to go all in and he would have to fold his trash.

I bet 80K and he just calls. (Looking back, I wish I would have underbet it because that would have prompted a raise for sure.)

Turn 3 no diamond.

I bet 250K. He raises to 500K. Can this guy be more full of shit?

I obviously go all in and I cannot believe what I see when he shows his cards.

A 3. Are you fucking kidding me? You called me with just a gutshot for 80K and caught 3rd pair on the turn and you think its good.

An A hits the river but it doesn't make a difference since he sucked out on the turn with a fucking 2 outer and I am out in 37th.

I am quite proud of myself because I finished in top 100 in two more tournaments today that had 3000+ runners. I am definitely going to make a bunch of money. It is no longer a matter of how anymore but a matter of when.

I am unofficially done with Cake. I have withdrawn all but $500. I am going to use the remainder of the money to play a tourney here and there whenever there is nothing going on stars. I am almost out of gold chips and don't feel like wasting my time on those satellites anymore since I always get jewed so hard in the sunday tournies.

My stars bankroll started at $364.00 and right now I am sitting at $567.00.

In total I have withdrawn about $14760 from Cake.

No comments: