Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sick Sick Sick day. Huge brags all around.

Although the day isn't over since I haven't decided whether or not to keep playing, I have had what I consider to be my best day since returning to online poker.

I started off by winning my second satellite for the $162 Sunday tournament. I am 2 for 2 this week in those satellites.

I then received confirmation that my cashout was cleared with E-wallet Xpress. I then sent $1500 over to Ultimate Bet and when allowed will be withdrawing using Moneygram and for the first time will have actual money on hand from Cake.

I then bought into the $5 rebuys and won it outright for the second time. It was my 5th final table in that event and my 5th top 5 finish. 1st was good for $1320.

I ran sick hot during the whole tournament and got paid huge on a lot of hands. These were the key hands that propelled me to victory.

SB to BB confrontation.

Hero BB 45K in chips
Villain SB 115K in chips.

Average at this point was about 32K

Hero is dealt A 5.

There is no raise and I see it for free.

Flop

J 5 5

Villain bets pot and I call

Turn 3

Villain bets pot again and I call.

River 8

Villain puts me all in and I call and he shows J 2.


Hand 2

Hero 110K
Villain 100K

Average around 50K

I raise to 9K with 8 9 suited. One caller.

Flop A 5 3 all spades. I flopped a flush.

I bet 1/2 pot hoping that villain had an Ace. He shoves all-in and I call and he shows A Q of clubs. I hold and become overwhelming chip-leader for the tournament.

Hand 3:
On the final table 8 handed.

Hero 250K
Villain 350K
Villain 600K

I get 7 7 in the SB. Villain (350K) raises to 17K. I call in the SB and BB calls.

Flop A 7 3

Check Check. Villain bets 35K.

Call. Fold.

Turn x.

Check Villain bets 75K. Hero goes all-in for 175K. Villian calls and shows A J. Drawing dead. I win a 500K chip pot and am now second in chips.

Hand 4 The hand that more or less sealed the deal.

SB to BB confrontation

Hero 475K
Villain 745K

Hero is dealt 10 10 and raises to 24K. Villain raises to 100K

Normally, I would fold to a lot of players but this guy is a huge fish and I figure that I have him dominated. I also know that if I hit my 10 that I am going to double up cause this guy loves overshoving the flop whether or not he has it.

Flop

10 7 3

Hero checks, Villain goes all-in. Hero calls.

Villain shows A K

Turn Q Come on!!!! Why!!!!

River x

On that hand my stack shot up to 975K and we were 5 handed. The second biggest stack was under 300K and they were all fish.

I got heads up with an especially bad player and started HU play with a 3:1 chip advantage. He never once gained ground on me and offered to chop several times. Yeah right.

I am absolutely killing tournaments right now. I don't know what I was doing griding cash for so long. Here is where I stand. Check my sharkscope: DrBadBeat

Cake $8403
UB $2452 (Just transferred $1500 via EWX)
EwalletXpress $1000
Pending Cake cashout: $2500
Money in Cyberspace: $1000

Total: $15355

For some reason my Quicktender transaction has not gone through yet. It should hit my bank anytime.

Things could not be going better right now. This is by far the most success I have ever had playing poker and hopefully it continues. For the month I am up $2700 and have played much less then I have in prior months and the month is less then half over.

No comments: