Sunday, August 17, 2008

Best week yet.

I have to go way back into the archives to find out when I have had a better week playing poker then I have had this week. The only two weeks that come to mind are the week I made $5K in a week playing $400 NL at Commerce and when I made back to back final tables on Stars in a $100 freezeout and in the $10 rebuys which I chopped for a bunch of money.

This week shows that quitting the cash games was one of the best decisions I have made in a long time.

These were my 3 big finishes for the week. Two more final tables in MTT's bringing my total up to 10. I have also finished in the top 5 eight times and have finished in the top 3 five times.

2/47 $517.00
1/409 $1320.77
4/283 $375.00

The 2/47 was a $55 freeze-out and I should have taken the whole thing down but this guy (mac636) made a huge suck-out in the HU portion of the match. I turned the nut straight and he led out for 12K. I put him all in hoping he had the top pair and he called all in with 4 5 high and a flush draw with one card to come. It came and I was crippled. He beat me a few hands later and that bad beat cost me $300. On the other hand, I won two all-ins when I was completely dominated when there were only 5 players left. A 7>A K and A 10>A J. I don't think I have ever won two hands like that back to back. Those bad beats made me $500. So what comes around goes around. I called out the guy who beat me because his sharkscope is a complete trainwreck. It's a straight line all the way to down to -$20000. It's pretty hilarious.

The tournament that I did win was in the $5 rebuy which was my second win in that tournament in the last 3 weeks. I'm the shit. I almost back to backed it as I finished in 16th place the very next time I played it, and I think I could have won but I somehow found myself all-in with J 2. That was obviously my fault.

The last tournament was definitely the most interesting one. Once a week on Cake they have the $5000 for gold chips tournament which has a buyin of 5 gold chips and is a rebuy. For the first time since I have been on this site the tournament was an Omaha 8 tournament. I almost didn't play in it because I am running low on gold chips but I was a little tilted from running really bad in sit and goes so I decided to blow some steam off. I have only played in one other Omaha 8 tournament and have probably played 2000 hands of Omaha 8 cash. In other words I have very little experience in this game.

I ran pretty good in the middle portion of the tournament and found myself with a lot of chips with about 75 players left. I learned quite a bit about strategy from this tournament which will be valuable in the future if I am ever in another one of these.

I have to say though, this game is all luck. I probably gave and took 20 bad beats throughout the course of the tournament.

The end of the tournament was absolutely ridiculous. Every single player in the tournament was stalling and at one point there were 30 players and only 5 of those had more then 10 BB.

We were 7 handed on the final table and I was chipleader and 1st was $1000. I was really excited about getting my second MTT win for the week and my first ever win in a non-holdem game when this hand went down.

I am dealt A J 9 2 which is a pretty decent hand. I raise 3x BB and get one caller.

Flop: J 9 8

This guy leads into me for full pot. I am hoping that he hasn't already flopped the straight and put him all-in. He snap calls and I have him crushed. He has the best hand I could have gone up against. Q Q 2 3. He is drawing to only 5 outs which is nothing in Omaha 8.

Sure enough a Queen comes on the turn and now I am shortstacked. I busted out a little while later in 4th which was still nice because I came up $175 on the day after running terribly in my normal games.

Sunday tournaments:

These went the way the always do. I ran like crap, never had a chance and was shortstacked the entire time.

In the 100+9 I bought in directly and got Aces cracked right away by AK all in preflop. I was really pissed because thats like the 4th or 5th time in the last couple of weeks I have had that happen even though I have never won once with AK there and am down probably $5000 on cake in that situation. Fucking bullshit. I went on to survive for a whole hour and a half and took 4 bad beats in the process and gave one.

The $150+$12 wasn't much better. I lasted all of two hours and won only a couple hands the whole tournament. I was never dealt anything and never had a chance. I shoved all in on the button when it folded to me with K 6 just hoping to win the blinds and antes. I had been folding every hand the entire tournament and this asshole calls me with A 8. Really?

----------------------------

Well it's official, I had my worst day yet in tournaments. I ran as bad as I possibly could. Haven't cashed in a single tournament in two days now with the exception to that Omaha tournament which doesn't really count since I mainly play Hold'em.

I typed this before my second sit-down and have gotten screwed in every possible way. I never ever crack Aces unless I have a pocket pair and that happens as much as it happens to me so it's a wash. However, I have been getting Aces cracked about 3 times a day for the last few days.

I just busted out of a $20 rebuy tournament. I don't usually play in those because first place isn't big enough. I decided to give it a shot and ended up spending $120 on the tournament and finished 20 out of the money when 10 10< 8 8. All in pre-flop, 8 on the river obviously. I have one last tourney going right now. It's a $30 freezeout. With the way things have gone today I do not expect to come back on here later to update the numbers.

Update: Well, it only took 10 minutes. Out in the $30 freezeout. Q Q<10 10. All in preflop. Back to back 2 outers. Feels like playing on Stars all over again which is why I can't wait to get back on.

For the day I am down about $400 which is my worst day since starting tournaments.

This is where I stand overall.

Cake: $8661.16
UB: $2463.64
EWX: $3500
Quicktender: $1000

$15624.80

I have also taken another major bad beat in my quest to cashing out. Quicktender made me wait 10 business days for my transaction to tell me that I have to update my information with them. It probably means I am going to have to start all over again and wait another fucking 8 business days to get my cashout. Fuck you Quicktender.

Also, moneygram as of right now is no more so no easy cashouts there and it makes my account at UB obsolete. EWX is also obsolete because I refuse to pay 10% VIG on all cashouts. That leaves me with only Quicktender and cashout via personal check. I don't trust checks and don't want to wait a month+ so I guess that means I have to put up with QT's crap until another cashout method is developed.

Fuck the US government and their hypocritical laws. I will know that my life has gone well if one day I do not live in America.

BIG UPDATE: Quicktender just got back to me and said my cashout will be processed in the next couple of days. If they actually live up to their word then I should be back on Stars in no time and I should have the majority of my money in my hands within a few weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sup man,

I played w/ you on cake as 7Black7Jack7, probingobet9, and NOJMcCainPLZ as of late, and a bunch of others. I'm not sure if you remember me w/o seeing me @ the tables where you can view notes. But I also played lots of 100nl w/ you as well as the lower buyin tournies.

Anywho, you've got a pretty nice blog that I was directed to via another 2p2'er you discuss w/. So I was wondering if you wanna blist each other to discuss hands. He gave me the link to your blog but not your AIM name, so mine is JOZigZagTOPsINT if you wanna chat and discuss some hands from time to time. I feel it'd be beneficial for both of us and hope to chat it up w/ you soon.

Regards.♠