Sunday, August 10, 2008

I get fucked over in every big tournament I play in.

Sunday just came and went and once again tournaments were extremely disappointing once again. The only good thing is that I got a big monkey off my back today. I finally cashed in a Sunday major which ends my 0 for streak.

I was able to satellite into the $215 WPT qualifier and the $162 100K guaranteed tournament using my gold chips (FPP points). No matter how hard I tried I couldn't win my way into the $109 50K guarantee tournament so I bought in directly.

The first tourney of the day was the $109 buy-in.

I lasted all of 75 minutes. I should've went out sooner but I play better then most of these morons. This was the big hand that screwed me.

I raise with A A. Get two callers.

Flop Q 2 6 w/ a flush draw.

I bet $800. Villain min-raises to $1600. I don't overplay and just call.

Turn Q. I have him on a flush draw at this point. He bets $1500 and I call.

River 6.

He checks and I check behind since I am only getting called by a hand that beats me.

He shows 2 2 for a full-house. He had me covered but since I didn't shove on the flop I was left with T2300 from my original T5000 starting stack. I busted when I shoved for only the first time on the button with trash and got called by KK in the SB. I was out.

In the second tourney which was the 100K guarantee I got screwed over the whole way through. I built a really nice stack early on and then this gem had to happen.

I have 16K and a guy with 6K shoves with K 3 and I call with A A. The board ends up looking like this. 9 10 2 Q J. This has never happened when I have shoved with crap and gotten called by aces. You owe me poker!

I got dealt no cards after that and for the next 3.5 hours I was subjected to play short-stack poker which is really stressful when you have to do it for that long.

I finally busted in 74/745 which was good for a cash of $200.00 Considering how far I went, it would have been nice to have actually been dealt something so I could have a chance.

Then the tournament that inspired me to write this. The WPT qualifier.

The very first hand of the tournament I lose 2500 off my 10K stack when some asshole calls my raise with A 7 and flops trip 7's. I had an overpair. I would go into the break with exactly 10K. I then managed to double up and gave half of it away when some asshole limped Aces. Moron. Back to my original stack. I then get no cards and the following happens.

I get J J and raise in early position. Same asshole who spiked the 7's on me raises to 10K on the button and I fold and show and he shows K K.

50 players left out of 200. 6 pay. 3 win the seat.

I have T4800. Blinds 800/1600.

I shove 3 straight times and don't get called each time.

Then with a stack of 12K I get all in with a guy who has A K and I have A A. Finally a little justice.

Then with a stack of 22K I get all in on a Q 6 2 flop with 10 10 and double again. he had 6 5.

Just like that I have 45K.

By this point there are 35 left and I have noticed that this is one of the worst tables I have ever played poker on and this piece of crap happened. From the same asshole who got lucky with the 7's and the kings.

Im in the SB in an unraised pot with 3 4. I complete and the flop is 2 5 6 all diamonds. We get all in and of course he flopped a flush. GG me. Out in 35th.

I made 2 more final tables this week brining my count up to 8.

I finished 9th in a $10 rebuy. I did myself in when I called a guy who I thought was bluffing with second pair and he had pocket aces. I raised pre and he just called me so I was shocked when he showed me aces.

I finished 3rd in a $33 freezeout and I got fucked over when we were playing 3 handed.

Chipleader min-raises on the button to 12K. SB and BB both call. I'm small blind. I have K J.

Flop

J x x w/2 hearts.

Check, Check, Chipleader only bets 6K. I only just call because something feels weird. BB also calls.

Turn 8 non heart.

Check, Check, and Chipleader bets 15K. I raise to 55K and the BB just calls. Flush draw. So obvious. Chipleader folds.

River 8 non heart.

I shove and he calls with Q 8 of hearts and I'm out. If the heart peels off on the river he gets no more of my money but the most harmless looking card ever peels off and it costs me $1000. 3rd was good for $900.

I have completely given up on cash games and here is my new plan of action.

I am going to withdraw everything I have on Cake except for $2000. I am going to keep playing in the tournies and use the rest of my gold chips to win satellites.
I am going to leave my UB account alone and mess around with it if I ever feel like playing cash or feel like donking off some money. I have decided to not grind out the cash games. I am just not in the mood to grind obsessively anymore. Especially at NL50.

I am then going to pay back Stars the $592 that I owe them and start playing the big tournies again. I am going to start off with $2000 and play very conservatively within my bankroll. No big tournies unless I satellite in or I make a bunch of money in the prior week. I plan on only playing freezeouts upward of $33 and will play in rebuys that are $5 and under. Since the rebuys are expensive, I will only play those occasionally. I will probably play the occasional sit and go. I am more or less giving myself a second chance on my stars account. I had about $9500 sitting in that account about 2.5 years ago and I really regret not playing it out.

The rest of the money will either go under the mattress or in the bank depending on the method of cashout.

This is where I stand:

Cake: $9538
UB: $700
Money floating in Cyberspace: $3500

I would also like to admit that I have a gambling problem. I don't consider poker gambling since I am far better then most of the people I go up against so poker is not my problem.

I have on the other hand, gotten really carried away with UB blackjack. I am not going to get into the details but I started as low as $550 yesterday and got as low as $100 and got as high as $1500. I ended at exactly $700 and ended there because that was my deposit and I figured there is no harm since I am even for the account. I am keeping the account open because I may need it to transfer money around when I make my withdrawals.

I say I have a gambling problem because I couldn't ever bring myself to stop. And thats a really bad thing. I have sworn off BJ and hopefully I live up to it. I really hate BJ and don't know why I got started in the first place.

As for the money sitting in Cyberspace this where I am at.

I withdrew $1000 using Quicktender and it says it takes 8 business days for it to hit my bank. This coming Wednesday will be 8 days so hopefully it makes it to my bank.

My other pending transaction has me more worried. I withdrew $2500 via E-wallet X-press. When I first initiated the transaction Cake asked me for all this crap to verify my identity. My drivers license, a scan of the debit card I used to fund the account, and a bank statement. There was an issue early on with my license/debit card because they couldn't make out my fax. I sent it back and they have since not gotten back to me. Meanwhile my cash-out is still pending and its been about 4-5 days now. I'm not too worried since that time has spanned the entire weekend. I am still worried though because I always hear it takes about 48 hours to process an E-wallet express transaction. So if in the next couple of days the money doesn't hit my account, I am going to be on pins and needles.

From there thats where UB comes in. Since the merger with Absolute poker I can now use both of them for cashouts.

I am then going to deposit the money on UB or AP and cash out the money via moneygram. That means I will get cold hard cash and won't have to worry about getting my bank involved.

As for the quicktender transaction I am going to send that straight over to pokerstars and get started over there.

No comments: