Sunday, August 3, 2008

Hello, My name is DrBadBeat and I am a gigantic DEGEN and damn proud of it

Well, I have some crazy tales of being a huge degen.

I have more or less decided to call it quits on Cake. I am still going to log on everyday for the promotions and for the tournaments but I am definitely done with cash. The play on Cake was so bad that it was too good to be true. Those players are pretty much gone now and all thats left are sharks who lay in wait. They won't be able to beat each other in the long run and will just pay rake. Only the best of the best will succeed. That's pressure that I don't need.

I made this decision after finding a quick solution.

They are giving away an exorbitant amount of free money on Ultimate Bet. I know all about the scandals but I am willing to take my chances. Plus, they are trying to rebuild their reputation so they probably won't try anything shady.

On the raketracking site that I use they are having a month-long contest for generating rake. 1st place is $2000! Normally when they have the weekly contests, UB is the site that has the weakest numbers. That more or less means that nobody plays there anymore.

Assuming it goes through I will also get a 30% rakeback deal. (If it doesn't go through, then I will quit UB after clearing my bonus.)

I am also getting a 100% deposit bonus on my original deposit.

They also have a promotion that if you collect 10K FPP points in a month, you can redeem that for $1000 cash.

I deposited $700 and am already grinding NL50.

I have learned the following about UB in the last two days.

1. It is the worst fucking site ever.
2. The graphics and interface make me want to puke.
3. You time out after only 5 seconds so multi-tabling is really hard. I can't tell you how many times I get put to a decision and the next thing I know I am sitting out on half of my tables. WTF? That never happens on cake. Ever.
4. They don't display pot amounts and you can never tell how much anybody bets.
5. I have about 50K complaints about how terrible this site is but I don't have the time nor the desire to write it down.

The pros:
All that fucking free money and the fact that the players on here might actually be worse then the ones I was playing on Cake when I first started there.

My degeness: There are 3 different stories.

1. To put money on UB I had to do the following.

I had already withdrawn 1K from Cake but that is sitting in cyberspace and as of right now it is unaccessible.

I just paid the rent so all I had left was a little over $700 so thats how much went into my UB account. I was willing to put in as much as I possibly could but $700 was all I could manage. After making that depsoit I officially had 98% of all the money I have to my name in cyberspace. If something bad happens I am going to be in some trouble. Luckily, my money is spread around somewhat nicely.

2. I discovered UB blackjack and horsed around on there for a minute. No harm, no foul. In fact I made $30.

A friend came over and we started screwing around on the blackjack and things got pretty stupid. I hate blackjack and never play it in Vegas but this was just too much fun.

I started off winning and losing every other hand and then the following happened.

I win a few hands and get up to like $80 and then lose a couple and get back to $48 and am even give or take a couple bucks.

I decide this is the last hand and put it all in.

I get 2 2.

Because I am true degen, I decided to split them against a Jack and had to go into my account to get another $48. For some reason I accidentally hit double down and got dealt a 4 for a total of 8. The dealer somehow busted and I just came up $98.

We kept playing and I finally quit when I hit about $220. I run hot at Blackjack.

3. This particular friend came over cause he wanted to go play live poker which I haven't touched in a really long time.

He ends up having to bribe me with some weed so we go to his house and he smokes me up.

We go to the Bike and we both buy in to the $80NL.

Note: I have no money. None at all. It's all online.

So he had to put me in the game.

It's about 11:30pm when we show up and we got on the same table.

I don't know what it is about me but everyone minus my friend had never played with me before. But that didn't matter because I got an unbelievable amount of action right from the get go. I would raise 7x the BB and still get 6 callers.

Throughout the whole night I played almost every single hand I was dealt because I was so far superior to everyone at the table with the exception to my friend who was the second best player on the table. If it was suited I was playing, if it connected or had a gap I played it, and I raised a lot like a madman.

My stack swung up and down like crazy just the way it does when I multi-table online and the table started to revolve around my action.

Twice, morons limped with A A only for me to make a crazy play and for them to get paid off.

I played the straddle almost every time it was my turn and made the table go crazy. I won some big hands in the straddle with some really bad hands.

In the end I came up about $170 and now have a little cash for the next couple weeks.

I didn't get to play at all today until the end of the night and played for a couple hours on UB.

Ran super super bad because I ran so well at Blackjack. I only dropped about 3 buyins at NL50 even though it felt like I dropped about 6. People were doing THE most retarded shit ever and of course getting lucky. Whatever, I am going to get paid a bunch of free money in about 30 days so these guys can suck out all they want.

Here's the story of my life.

Me and this guy have been going at it for a while and he is a HUGE fish. I'm up $60 off him and we're going back and forth in the chat and this happens.

Villain=SB
Hero=BB

Folds to Villain. He raises to $1.50
Hero raises to $11 with A A.

Villain reraises to $29.
Hero goes all in. Villain calls.

Board all hearts.

Villain has A J with the J of hearts.

I think of the 300K times I have had AK against Aces on Cake and how I have still never won and on the first time on this new site I get fucked. Instead of having a $160 stack I was back to almost even and he was talking about how bad I was, and how we're all bad cause we are playing NL50 and not higher.

This where I stand.

UB: $870
Cake: $11,243
Cyberspace: $1000

So far for August I am up $450 and have played hardly any poker.

No comments: