Monday, March 31, 2008

March

March has come and gone and we are already a quarter of the way through the New Year. Already the year has been a let down for me which is making me really disappointed.

March was an interesting month for a lot of reasons.

If one day I end up becoming really successful, it is months like this one that I will look back on and will realize that the adversity that I have faced will make me the person that I am trying to become.

The first half of the month I had no more then $10 on me at any given time. I was living off my credit cards and things were not looking good. My attempts at finding a job were entirely unsuccessful and things in that department were depressing for most of the month.

I decided to take a big gamble. It was something that was not very intelligent when I look back on it but I felt it had to be done. Every month $75 gets pulled from my checking account and goes directly into my savings. That amount had accumulated to $675 and although that money was going to go toward my rent and other bills, I decided to withdraw it and take my shot at Commerce. I pulled out $600 and had 3 buy-ins to play with.

On my very first trip to Commerce, I lasted less then an hour. I didn't win a single pot and failed to make any hand until my last hand of the session. On my last hand I flopped a flush with 9 10 of clubs and got cleaned out by a guy who held J 3 of clubs. Standard. As you can imagine I was pretty worried. I went home and decided what my best plan of attack should be. I ended up going on a nice run for the next week and ended up finishing up $600 for the week.

I then got sick.

Oh man, what a terrible time I had. I was finally starting to pick up some momentum and just like that I had to completely stop everything in my life for over a week.

I got over being sick and started playing again. My $600 profit ended up turning into $1800 in profit and it was looking like I was back.

Of course, the same standard shit happened and I dropped $900 in my next 8 hours of poker. The rent is due tomorrow and I now no longer have nothing to play with.

Fortunately, my job prospects are looking the best they have looked during all this time and hopefully I can start playing again when I get hooked up with my job. I will know for sure on Wednesday. If for some reason I don't get the job on Wednesday I am going to be totally fucked and I will have no idea what to do. I barely have enough money to pay all my bills for the month however I won't have the money to make the rent. I do not have money to gamble with so if the job ends up falling through I am going to be in serious trouble. Not only that, but I fear for myself mentally if things don't work out.

Here are my graphs for the month of March.



For the month of March, I made $887 in 35 hours for an hourly rate of $25.32

Here's is my updated 6 months graph.



Here is my updated all-time graph.

No comments: