Friday, March 21, 2008

The shittiest week ever

I do not know exactly what happened. I was sick last Saturday and then on Sunday, I felt much better. I was probably around 85% but thats good enough for me to do my usual shit. I woke up on Monday and felt far worse then I did on Saturday. I am not sure if I was sick twice, had a relapse, or if it's all just been one sickness with Sunday being somewhat of a dormant day. Either way, when I woke up on Monday it was the worst I have ever felt. Like Saturday, once again I was completely out of commission and had to let another day go completely to waste.

When I woke up Tuesday, I think I may have actually felt worse and I went to the doctor. The doctor told me I had the flu. It turns out that I have never had the flu before. I have only had the stomach flu which is not the influenza virus as we all know it but instead it is just a stomach virus. All I can say about having the flu is that I hope I never have to deal with this again. I have never felt worse or been more sick in my entire life then I have been this week.

I am still sick and I am waiting to get over this. When I went to the doctor I was given 3 more medications to take. I started taking them and I started feeling better. Of course one of the medications had to have a brutal side effect. The cough syrup I was taking was making it impossible to urinate although I would still have the urge to go. As you can imagine, as soon as I found out which medicine was the culprit I stopped taking it.

Over the last week, I have barely eaten, had a horrible cough, a sore throat, body aches, headaches, and at times haven't been able to take a piss. Some of the things that have come out of my body in the last week have been downright scary. On Wednesday I slept for 17 hours.

I have wasted yet another week of my life which I have done so many times over the last year or two. I feel so much of my young life getting away from me and if something good doesn't start happening soon I feel that I will wake up tomorrow and I will be 30 and will have pissed everything away.

I am almost where I want to be health wise and not doing anything everyday is starting to kill me. Depending on how I am feeling tomorrow, I will try to make it out to Commerce because I am tired of skating so thin financially. It's time for me to get things back on track. I have to be careful about the decisions I make with my health because I fear a possible relapse.

No comments: