Saturday, March 29, 2008

A really disappointing session

At around 9:30 this morning my phone started ringing. I did not know that it was only 9:30, but I refuse to ever get up out of bed for a phone call. I'm sure that makes me a complete asshole but I would rather get my sleep then talk to anybody. I let it ring out and knew that if they left a message that it would be important enough for a call-back. I have two other phone calls to return but I have been very lazy and have been delighting myself in my own isolation and have not cared for other human contact lately. I know, I'm a fucking weirdo but I can't change my wiring.

I woke up at about noon and listened to the message that had been left 3 hours earlier. The person on the other end of the line completely surprised the shit out of me. It was the Pizza Kitchen trying to schedule an interview.

I went on the interview a couple hours later and it looks like I am finally going to get a job. I am very relieved because I am tired of destroying my bankroll every month to pay bills.

I went to Commerce earlier this evening in an extremely good mood. My job prospects are finally looking on the up-side and I would be going for my 4th straight winning session. Something which has not happened in a very long time. I was going for several personal bests as well tonight.

A win of $200 would get me the following:
1. $9000+ profit in the $3/$5 game at Commerce.
2. $18,000+ in overall profit for live cash games.
3. $2000+ profit for the month of March.

When I got to my table, I had a choice between two seats. Seat 5 was just screaming "I'm a fish, please sit to my left." I took the seat to his left and I could not be more right about the way this guy played.

The very first hand I was dealt I found J J. I made it $25 to go in the CO. The flop came A Q x w/2 spades and there was no way that I was even going to bother bluffing at it. I saw a free turn and folded to a bet and a call.

That was the last decent hand I would get for over an hour.

About 70 minutes in and a stack of only $105 I found 10 10 and made it $35 to go.

I got one caller from a loose player and the flop came

A J x

I put it all in because I felt the only thing my opponent could call me with was a big Ace and he had only limped in the pot so the chances of him having a hand like 7 8 suited were much great then an A Q or A 10 type of hand. I was right and he folded and I won my first pot of the session.

I still got nothing to play with and missed every board when I finally found A K two hours into the session. There were 4 limpers including the big sucker on the table who was calling every all-in with any two cards and doubling everyone up. I put it all in for $85 and I got called by 8 8 and 10 10.

I won the coin-flip when I spiked a K on the turn and just like that I had $270 in front of me.

Unfortunately that would be the last pot that I would win outright for the rest of the night.

The other two hands that I went to showdown with were a top pair of queens but the guy that I was up against caught runner-runner and we ended up chopping it since our kickers didn't play.

The other hand was brutal.

I raised to $25 with 10 10 again and got several callers. The flop came

2 3 4 with 2 clubs.

I put it all in and got called by the big fish.

Turn A

River 5

He showed 9 9 and once again we chopped.

Yeah, I was pissed.

Tonight was probably one of the worst nights I ever had in terms of getting a cold deck.

I won 2 hands in 3.5 hours. I chopped two others and only twice the entire night I flopped a top pair. I lost one after getting outdrawn by a gut-shot straight where I lost the minimum and the other was the queens hand where I chopped.

I am really disappointed that I couldn't make it 4 in a row and its really upsetting that I never even really got a chance to play since I spent the entire session folding one hand after another. Something that has been way to common as of late. Hopefully tomorrow will serve me better.

No comments: