Sunday, May 4, 2008

Worst Downswing Ever.

Yesterday, I logged into my account and discovered that I had been paid the $205 rake-back that I was owed for the month of April. I thought this would happen on May 10, but it looks like they pay at the start of the month. So my account was sitting at $1971 which meant I have about 40 buy-ins for $50. It was at this moment that I decided that it was time to move up full time to 50NL.

Of course what greeted me on my first day of playing a new limit was a massive downswing. So standard.

I played 3 different sessions yesterday.

The first session was in the afternoon which lasted a couple hours, I lost about $60. Whatever.

The second session lasted about an hour and I dropped another $70. Whatever.

When I didn't think things could go worse, I realized that I hadn't experienced anything.

On my 3rd session, the first big hand I lost I had raised with 2 2 and got called 5 ways and flopped my set. Someone else flopped a set of 6's. Go me.

The same guy on a different table got all-in with a short-stack with AQ against my AJ after I flopped my Ace.

Then about 2 minutes later, the same guy on another table got all in pre-flop against me once again with a short-stack when he had A A against my A K. We were in the blinds and everyone had folded to us. This guy runs insanely hot against me. Then everything completely unraveled and went to shit.

Every time I had a top pair or an over-pair they had two pair.
Every time I had A K and had a board of K 6 3 they had 6 3.
Every time I raised with J 9 and the flop came 9 8 3. They had Q 3 and hit there Q on the river.
Every time I had J 10 and I flopped my jack they had Q J
Every time I raised pre-flop with air, they 3 bet me.
Every time I flopped second pair after raising pre-flop and I bet out, they insta-raised. They then would hit POT! on the turn and make it $15.25 into a $15 pot.
Every time I flopped a set, they had nothing and I would win a $3 pot.
Every time I had A A which was only twice they had nothing and I would win the blinds.
I have a new favorite hand of all time. This guy totally outplayed me.

I raise with A 10 and the flop comes

10 x x

I bet $7 and get one caller.

Turn 9

I put him all-in for $20 and he calls. and shows A 9

River: your guessed it... 9.

And then in a $120 pot I 3 bet pre-flop with A K and hit my king.

On the turn the board was K 10 8 7 and I put him all-in for $36. He snap calls and shows pocket nines.

Of course he hits a 6 for a straight.

The very next hand I had A Q and flopped my Ace and got all-in with a short stack who had A 4 on an A 8 4 flop.

Should I go on?

This was over 6 tables over the course of 3 hours.

This is easily the worst shit I have ever seen.

I am now sitting on $1473 completely devastated.

I am going to keep playing 50NL until I dip below $1000. If that actually happens then its back to grinding 20NL.

I am on a 12 buy-in downswing for NL50 over the last 2 days. This is worst downswing I have ever had in terms of buy-ins. I really hope this doesn't get worse.

No comments: