Sunday, May 18, 2008

Week 5: Ballin outta control/Craziest weekend ever.

This was quite the week. In total I had 3 losing days including one day where I lost $300 and I still managed to come up $700. Not too shabby I must say. Even with that $300 loss, this may have been my best week.

So I started up today and I was immediately down $100. A guy who usually plays pretty tight took a couple of really nasty beats and randomly shoved an entire $50 stack one of his next hands and I woke up with QQ. Um I call, obviously. Of course I had to be his human sacrifice and he had AA. Prior to that I gave away another $50 stack on something that was entirely my fault. I managed to start doing well even with those two bad hands but then everything fell apart in one hand. I had a stack of $80 and raised with 8 8. I was 3-bet and there was a caller.

I called and it came out J 9 8.

Long story short, we got it all in on the flop for a $170 pot and he had a set of Jacks to my set of 8's and I lost the biggest pot I've played. Things completely fell apart as everyone started running ridiculously hot against me. I played for about 6 straight hours and during that time I didn't win a single pot of $100. However I couldn't tell you how many pots of that size I lost today and the dozens of $50-$60 pots I lost doubling up short-stacks who constantly out-flopped me and sucked out on me on the turn and river. I had a couple of intervals where I went about 30 pocket-pairs in a row without flopping a set.

From my highest point yesterday, I was at $3520 and at my lowest point today I was all the way down to $2950. Just a little shy of 12 buy-ins. Very nice downswing. It's only standard that it had to happen after my best day ever. It couldn't happen a week later. It had to happen the very next day.

I finished the session and went to dinner with a friend and called it quits with $3011 in my account.

After dinner I came back and had a much better session and salvaged a good chunk of the day and finished with $3137 in my account. It was nice to make back 4 of the buy-ins. Hopefully its the start of another upswing. The one thing that worries me is that I don't know how I am going to deal with these downswings when I start to play bigger limits. Days like today are the main reason why I have become such a bankroll nit.

Along with the $3137 I have about $518 in rake-back plus another $20 or so from the rest of today.

I have two new short-term goals.

I want to at least be taking shots at NL100 by June 1.

By the end of July, I want to have $10K total in my account.

No comments: