Saturday, November 1, 2008

October: Another rigged month.

There is a lot I want to say and I don't know where to start so we'll just see where this goes.

Another month wasted and another month has gone by where by where I am that much closer to just hanging it up for good.

For the month I made a whopping $290. Whooooo. I must be really bad at this game. My stars bankroll to finish the month sits at $1571.11.

I don't know if I have ever run worse. It is all just a blur at this point. I went on legendary downswings playing sit and goes and I think that I am going to give them up. I may play them here and there but theres too much luck in turbo sit and goes and everyone always spikes there 3 outer when they call off most of there chips with A 7 when I have A K. I have been running so bad for the last several months that I am certain that if I was playing 100NL cash I would be down 15K. It's been that bad.

The most disgusting thing about all of this is that I actually won 2 tournaments outright this month. Had you told me that to start the month I would have been really excited. Of course one of the tournaments was a BS tournament and the other was only a moral victory.

On a positive note, I played significantly less poker then I have in prior months. That is a win in my book. I did a lot more things socially, partied quite a bit, met some girls, and had a lot of fun.

These are my numbers for the month in MTT's.

Tournaments played 162 (this number needs to triple next month)
Cashes 31
Final Tables 3
ITM% 19.12 (which is actually really good.)
Winnings $3972.39

As a result to my lack of play I lost my gold star standing however I still managed to finish in the top 1000 in the TLB once again so I'm sure I will get that invite again. Didn't really like playing in it the last time, so I will more then likely skip it which about half the players end up doing.

I have been meaning to write this for the last week or so but just haven't gotten around to it.

I played live poker last weekend and had a legendary degen session at the Commerce.

Last Saturday night a bunch of us got together for UFC 90 and after the fight there was suppose to be a costume party. Someone left for the party and told us that they would call us later for a scouting report/location of the party. Quite a bit of time passed and there was no call so I just went home. I got home at about 11 and started playing online. At around 1:00 I get a call from one of my friends and he says that he and two others were on their way to Commerce and they would pick me up. Of course I accept the offer. They come over and we smoke a copious amount of weed and I am super stoned and ready to make an all nighter of it. We get to Commerce and smoke some more and then go grab some beers. We start playing at about 2 in the morning. My friend Matt and I went to play $200NL and the others went upstairs to play the $40.

I started off a little shaky and couldn't get anything going. I had to do an add on and was in for $300. I don't remember most of the hands but these were the main ones.

I'm down to my last $75 and shove with 10 10. I get called of course. (The reason why I shoved $75 into a $7 pot.)

Board A 10 6 Q A.

The degen Asian who called me starts talking all this shit that he has me and he has the nuts but then I rolled over my boat and his K J straight wasn't shit. Hey I won a coinflip.

I had another hand where I had K 10 of hearts and got all in on the flop and for like the 3rd time this year actually hit a flush on the river. That was against random armo who I will talk about later. That pot was about $300.

Anyway, anyone playing poker at the Commerce at 5 in the morning is a complete degen. Myself included. There was this Armenian fish who had a stack of $2200 at one point. Over the course of about 6 hours, myself, Matt, and two other players took all of his money and he left at 8 in the morning completely cleaned out. It was awesome.

Anyway, this hand was against the Armo degen and was my biggest pot of the night.

I raised J 10 suited and get two callers.

Flop J 10 x suited. Not mine obv.

Armo degen and I get it all in on the flop for a $700 pot. I know he has some sort of draw so I am praying that the poker gods don't realize that DrBadBeat has skipped out of playing online and is hiding at the Commerce. I somehow get lucky and the Armo degen mucks his hand when the turn and river blank off. On the night I came up $480 and that is cold hard cash and not electronic internet moneys.

During the night, we smoked a bunch of weed making multiple trips to the parking lot. At one point I met some random guy and I almost purchased 1.5 ounces from him but decided against it. We played all the way until about 10 in the morning and then left. We all got back to my house and at 11 I started playing online. I ran like dogshit like I always do online and dropped about half of my Commerce profits. I played online until about 5 which was when I went to bed. In total I was up for 34 hours and spent 18 straight hours playing poker.

I will say that I am starting to run better but have very little to show for it.

Last night I took 23/3150 and finished 23rd because I lost two giant coinflips like I always do. But I ran really well to get there.

And earlier today I took 4/180 in a $22 buyin and made a whopping $288. I ran good early on and then went card-dead with about 4 tables left. I won a couple of huge hands right before the final table and came in 5/9. I more or less folded every hand as I wasn't dealt anything and finished 4th.

I also went really deep in a couple others today and made a couple of crucial mistakes. Today was one of the rare times that I got ALOT of chips all in and I wasn't winning. Of course I am not like everyone I play against and I didn't get rewarded for it.

I am up about $250 early in November. Big month? One time? No more getting fucked constantly please.

No comments: