Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Another classic example of why it sucks to me and play poker

Ladies and gentlemen, it's really close to over now. I have been following the same pattern for 2 and a half months now. (On stars) I run decent throughout the beginning of a lot of tournaments only to take the big bad beat in the most crucial moment. There really is no skill in this game. It doesn't matter how good you are, how knowlegdable you are, or how much "skill" you have. This game is all luck. For the people who win, I want to know how they do it. How do they win the big all ins.

I have learned a lot about this game and I have learned the following. This game is nothing more then a big downswing. I spend most of my time losing and when I run well it is very short lived only to return back to running bad. It seems profitable to put your money in bad because thats what most people do against me and they seem to get lucky against me more often then they should. On the flip side, when I put the money in bad I almost never hit the miracle card. I don't know if I am cursed or what but the way I run on a consistent basis is entirely confusing to me. For every bad beat I give, I take 10. Just for a month I would like that number to flip. I would make an ungodly amount of money. Of course, like most things in my life I am not that lucky and that will never happen.

Anyway, the hand that inspired this.

$25 buyin. 1st place of 7K.

I am down to 4K with the blinds at 300/600. We are right at the bubble. I have been getting dealt dogshit for the last hour and haven't won a hand in that time. During that time I have gone from 25BB to less then 7.

I get dealt A A in the BB. There's a raise to $2400 which is enough to where the villain has no fold equity. My play is obvious but I have not cashed in over 20 straight tournaments and I have been knocked out on the bubble about 12 times over the last week. I already know I am going to lose because stars sets it up that way except for when I am the one with the big stack then I get screwed no matter what.

For some reason I decide to gamble even though I already know the deck is stacked against me. He calls and shows K 8 off.

Flop

5 6 x with two hearts. Of course he has one heart and I have nothing.

He is almost drawing dead at this point and the majority of the cards in the deck should kill his hand on the turn. But we have to remember there are about 30 hearts in the deck so I am major underdog on the flop. Because its me, the greatest card he can hit comes on the turn.

7 of hearts.

He just went from almost drawing dead to 15 outs.

Basically if anyone has 10 outs or more against me then they have a 90% chance of hitting. Of course because its stars and its the site that I have run by far the worst on in my life they decided to deal me a fuck you river.

A of hearts.

What a fucking shock.

I am down to $1200 and some change and if I bust the account which I am sure I will because stars will never let me have a taste of glory I am quitting forever.

The only time I will ever play poker post quitting is live when invited by friends or in homegames. After quitting I will find something else to do with my time. I honestly don't know what I want to have happen at this time. I obviously want to win big but I know its never going to happen. So its either keep struggling until I commit suicide or lose and quit.

As I write this, I just won a big pot in this tournament.

$9 buyin 360 players. 1st place $800.

I am currently 15/36 which is just in the money.

Run good in another small tournament? Just stars way of saying fuck you so that I keep paying rake.

I will obviously make an amendment if something crazy happens. If I don't then I probably got jewed.

FUCK YOU POKERSTARS. I HOPE YOUR HEADQUARTERS FALLS IN THE OCEAN AND ALL THE LUCKY BASTARDS WHO WIN ON YOUR SITE LOSE THERE MONEY.

And congrats to Obama for winning. I didn't vote for him (or McCain for that matter) but I think its amazing that a black guy is the president of the US. Just make sure you watch your back buddy.

No comments: