Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Weeks 12/13 I think I am going to make a shitload of money

Although the title says what it says I have not been very profitable for the month of July. I'm actually running a lot like I did last month but not nearly as bad. I have made quite a few adjustments in my game and they have really started paying off. I have made quite a bit of money over the last couple weeks 3 and 4 betting with much lighter hands. I only make these plays against solid regulars because they aren't going to call me with anything less then AK or a good pocket pair trying to set mine.

I really feel that I am playing out of my mind right now and I have never been more motivated in my life to do succeed and do well. About 10 days ago I had the most money I have ever had in my life. It was short-lived because I then went on a standard downswing and paid about $1200 worth of bills. Fortunately, I am right back to that point and I am ready to start making some serious money.

To start the month I went on a $900 upswing and my account was at $8700. I then went on another one of those 20 buyin downswings and before I knew it I was all the way to down to $6700 and I was hating life. I kept struggling and then on the 11th I was paid my $450 bonus from last month and went on a big upswing. I got it all the way back to $8050 but I have since fallen off a little due to a couple of small losing days and tournaments that I have just started playing.

Although I haven't done it in the last few days I have also been taking shots at NL200. Unlike the other jumps there is not really much difference between NL100 and NL200 with the exception to bigger betting. Overall I would say that I am probably a small winner playing NL200. Maybe about 1-1.5 buyins overall.

I have also started playing tournaments again which I am really happy about. The tournaments on Cake are ridiculously soft. The satellites are a total joke and may as well be free money.

So far I have cashed in 5 tournaments with one final table and one near miss. On the final table I took 5th which was good for about $360 which occurred during my downswing so that was a nice little boost.

I have also won 5 satellite tournaments. 3 of the 4 wins were using only FPP points so I'm in free. (Not entirely free because they deduct those wins from my rakeback.)

The other two wins were cash satellites. 4 of the 5 satellites are for the $109 buyin Sunday tournament. I have played in it once and didn't do to well but I have several more shots.

I also won a $215 seat into a WPT qualifier. The winners of that get to play in the WPT North American Championship @ Niagara Falls. Several seats will be awarded and I expect to make some serious noise in that tournament. I am so confident going in to this that I actually expect to win the seat.

Overall this is where I stand. $7705+ $650 rakeback + $542 in tournament tickets.

My sunday is already planeed as I have the qualifier plus the $109 buyin.

I need to keep doing well in cash games because I am barely up money on the month and its time to start making some money!

No comments: