Wednesday, July 2, 2008

June: It was rigged

June has come and gone and all I can say is thank god! Seriously, this was the wosrt month of poker ever. To make things worse, I seem to keep saying that as the months pass. That cannot be possibly normal.

I ended up playing around 78K hands of break-even poker. For the entire month I only lost $210. Due to rakeback and bonuses alone, I have acheived something that I have never acheived before. I find it quite sad actually that I have never done what I did last month. For the first time ever I have had back to back $2K+ months. I guess that means I can never run well for two months in a row.

Overall, this is the way it breaks downs. At my highest point, I was up $1000 and at my lowest point I was down $1100. On the one hand, I was never really on the brink of losing everything but at the same time the swings in between those numbers almost killed me. Since I don't have a graph, I have to bo back and remember how it happened but I don't think I could forget.

I started at $5500 and these were my swings.

$5500-$6500
$6500-$6000
$6000-$5700
$5700-$6500
$6500-$6000
$6000-even for about 10K hands
$6000-$5400
$5400-$4400 in one day (Stopped playing 100NL)
$4400-$6000 in about 5-6 days playing 50NL mixed with 100NL toward the end.
$6000-$5700
$5700-even for about 10K hands
$5700-$5200
$5200 even for about 10K hands
$5200-$4850
$4850-$5290
End

In other words, the month sucked ass. Never in my life, have I gotten all-in, in so many huge pots where I only had to dogde one 3 and I could pick up $200 only for them to hit over and over and over again. I don't expect to ever see a run like that ever again.

After the rake and the bonuses all get added to my account (rakeback paid yesterday in full) I end the month at $7670 which is a profit of $2170. That was way below my expectation but considering the cards and frustrations I think I can honestly feel pretty good about way things turned out. These are the types of months where I use to spend a bunch of money and then get myself in trouble because my bankroll gets decimated. Long gone are the days of the cash bankroll.

For the first time in a long time I played 6 tables of NL100 since there were about 20 games and a lot more fish going around.

I did really well on my all-ins. I think I won almost every one but I got killed in my pots won without showdown. I got raised and 3-bet much more often than I normally do which resulted in me folding a lot which cost me a lot of money.

I started the day on a downswing (standard). Made it back, swung back down and was actually up for a little bit before taking one bad-beat from this one idiot who kept hitting against me and then paying everyone else off. I finished the day down $50 but made $60 in rakeback so I am still essentially even for the month.

Come on... upswing! I would really like to be at $10K in a couple weeks.

No comments: