Sunday, July 20, 2008

Week 14: Tournaments are my new savior

I am still having a lot of problems in the cash games. I have been very inconsistent now for a very long time. Fortunately, I have found that there are other avenues of making money. Avenues that aren't as much of a grind. Tournaments. Ah yes, tournaments. For some reason I am running like god in tournaments right now and it is growing my bankroll. I am playing everything from satellites to tournies to sit n go's. In the last week alone I made 3 final tables in MTT's with finishes of 2nd, 5th, and 5th. Those cashes were for around $2200. I have also proved profitable early on in $20 sit n go's because the fields are so soft.

After my second place finish the other day for $1375, I decided to reward myself with some shots in bigger cash games. I opened two tables of $2/$4 and two tables of $1/$2. I was introduced to $2/$4 very rudely. All I can say is that game is fucking hard. Every hand I played I was put to the test. Almost every time I raised I was 3 bet. I was definitely outclassed and that is somewhere I will not venture back in a really long time. Overall I ended up losing $500 during that shot taking endeavor.

Today I had my Sunday tournaments and it was very disappointing. I got knocked out during the first round of the 75K when my top pair top kicker A K ran into a set of 8's. I went a lot deeper in the WPT qualifier but was short-stacked from the very beginning and outlasted about half the field. I had no other cashes in MTT's but have cashed in all but one sit n go today.

Things have gotten so crazy in my account. $1000 swings occur daily and I can make or drop that much any day now. I have reached the highest I have ever played before and am entering uncharted territories in terms of the swings.

Although things are starting to look up, I am still way behind my projections although things are moving along nicely.

Currently I have $8894 + $1043 in rakeback + $218 in tournament tickets.

No comments: