Wednesday, February 20, 2008

So last night was pretty stupid: Original email date: 2/11/08

So after I got off the phone with you, I went down and got into a $200 game. We started a new table and on the very first hand I get dealt QQ in the BB. There was an early position raise to $20 and I just called. Normally I pop it, but I have gotten myself into way too much trouble lately 3 betting out of position.

I think if you are ever going to 3 bet pre-flop, you have to bet the flop 95% of the time. The only time I would recommend not betting is if you have KK and the flop comes K 3 8 rainbow.

Like I said I chose to only call.

Flop:

A and two rags.

I check, the raiser checks, and this guy who called for an Ace bets out $50. We both fold and he flips over AQ. I show someone sitting next to me my queens. The guy with the AQ tells me he would have put me all-in had I 3 bet. Good to know, that would have been a really nice way to start my day. Drawing to a 1 outer that I know I am incapable of hitting.

I guess I misplayed the hand, but I lost the minimum so I pat myself on the back for that one.

I ended up getting AK and AQ a combined 6 times, AJ and A 10 suited twice, and got QQ one other time. I only won 3 hands over the course of the 2 hour session.

The last hand I was dealt JJ and got all-in on the flop with my shortstack on an 8 high board. I get called by the flush draw and he catches runner-runner for the straight. Standard. I leave taking a $200 loss.

At that point, I had now lost half the money from the one big session I had.

Later that night Fox from NY called and we met up at the bike.

He plays the $80 NL so I got in on a new $80 game.

I lost my whole stack on the first hand when I flopped top pair and an open-ender to guy who flopped the nut straight. Standard.

I then changed to my friends table and bought in for another $80. That stack went rather quickly as well.

During that second stack, I turned the nut-straight with J 10 and of course got rivered by a flush. I paid him off even though I knew what he had because I was in a shitty mood.

I reloaded for $100 and hit the nuts with J 10 again. This time I had to chop. Standard.

I got all-in preflop with AK against a guy who had 6 4. He flopped 2 pair. Standard.

I do have something good to report though.

I gave two bad beats.

I had 5 7 diamonds and turned a flush draw to go with a gut-shot. There was a bet and a bunch of calls and the last guy raised the $9 bet to $39. I thought this would be a great opportunity to do to someone what has been happening to me for months. I was the only caller and hit my flush. I was out of position and put the rest of it in. I did not get called. I obviously wanted to get called but I also didn't want to have to show the hand down.

Another guy went all in for $18. There were two callers so I thought it would be a good idea to call with 5 8 spades.

I went all in after I flopped a gutshot. Everyone folded and it actually got there. The all-in player showed 10 10.

On the night I took a $109 loss and a loss of $309 for the day.

I was immensely satisfied however because I gave more bad beats in one night (2) then I have given in forever and as I put up with more and more bullshit, the sicker the pleasure I get out of fucking someone over.

I am not really sure if I am going to play tonight. I still have not made my mind up.

Take care.

-Gary

No comments: