Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Crazy: Original Email date: 2/13/08

So I met up with Fox today at Commerce and we both decided to sit down in the $200.00

I sat down and on my very first hand in the BB I looked down at AK and checked to a few limpers.

Flop: K K 3 Pot is $25

Checks around.

Turn A

I'm beside myself. I am seriously ready to shit that myself. Nothing of this nature has happened for an eternity.

I check, bet of $20. Everyone folds.

I raise to $70 and put my chips in a way that I wanted it to look like I was bluffing.

I could tell my opponent wanted to put it in, and it looked like he wanted too, but I still had a bad feeling that he would just fold.

Instead, he did put me all-in and he showed K 7 and I scooped.

On my button two hands later.

I pick up AK spades.

I raise to $25.

One caller.

Flop

A J 8 w/spades.

I'm like WTF?

I bet $30.

Call.

Turn: 5 spades.

WTF?

Check Check

River blank. I have the nuts. I bet and he folds.

I am stacking my chips and already see that I am up about $330 or so and for once actually feel good about myself.

I figured it was going to be one of those days where I was going to catch cards all day and I played like it. Unfortunately over the next 2 hours I missed everything and made a bluff and a semi-bluff that didn't work.


I am down to about $280 when this hand comes down.

I raise to $20 with K 10

3 callers.

Flop

Q 10 8 all clubs. I have no club.

Checks to me on the button and I bet $40 and I get 2 callers.

Turn Q Checks around.

I figure at this point that my 10's may potentially be the best hand. The only thing I can see beating me at this point is a flopped flush.

River 10 Check, Check, my action.

I basically feel I have the nuts. I can't imagine anyone having a Q and from the way the hand has played. The best I am giving both players is that one flopped a flush and the other player had a one card high flush draw.

I bet $75.

The first guy goes all-in and has me covered.

This guy was kind of a douche-bag and I had just won a pot where I bluffed and no one thought I had a hand even after I won and didn't show.

He hasn't done anything that told me has a Q and could very well think I'm bluffing.

I call.

And he shows Q 7

How bad was my call?

He has me covered and I reach back into my pocket feeling like crap.

I never really get anything going on my second stack and about an hour in this happens.

I get dealt K K.

UTG raises to $10.

The guy sitting next to me folds and I see that he has an A that is going into the muck. I raise to $30 feeling really good about my hand.

UTG is this short little Asian man and he goes all in.

I can't imagine him having AA knowing that an Ace is already in the muck. I can't get away from it and I call.

He has Aces and I lose.

I reach in one last time.

I was already resigned to my fate and just bought in one last time just to see if I could only make back at least $200 and take off with a one buy-in loss. There is seriously no worse feeling then playing to just take a 1 buy-in loss.

I win back to back pots with bluffs and this hand goes down.

I get Q 9 diamonds.

Action on the table isn't that good and it folds to me in the CO. I decide to just limp.

Raise to $15 by the BB who has been doing this routinely.

Flop Q 5 6

Bet $20. I call

Turn A

Bet $50. I raise to $120. He thinks about it for a while and finally calls.

River K

Check, I put it all in for $176. A total suicide bet. I am nervous as shit and just praying that this guy throws it away because if he calls I'm out another $600.

He flashes A 6 after thinking about it for about 2 minutes and throws it away.

Damn that one felt good.

The very next hand. This guy who I play with all the time and I really don't like raises to $25.

There are several calls and I call with AQ spades.

Flop A J 6

I am really not liking that J since he could have AJ.

He bets out $60 and I put him all in for like $180 total.

He calls and says send it.

The turn river were actually good cards for me but he flipped over J J.

I am almost back to even on my 3rd stack after having close to $500 in front of me. I could not be more pissed.

I stick it out and get lucky in a couple of nice pots and make another nice bluff and end up cashing out $543.

I recorded yet another loss, but almost breaking even never felt better.

I am amped for my next shot but I don't know if thats going to be tonight or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow.

Take care.

-Gary

No comments: