Thursday, October 2, 2008

Poker can kiss my ass: Thank you for the nice ego-stroke pokerstars.

I have not played any poker since I made my last blog post. That alone should tell you how frustrated I am. This is the longest I have willingly not played since I started playing again in April. The only other time I didn't play in consecutive days sine April was when I went to Las Vegas in June.

Not only that, but I have absolutely no desire to play and that is actually depressing the hell out of me.

I haven't blazed since Saturday as I am attempting to regenerate my black lungs and since I haven't blazed I haven't had the urge to play. I might have to pop some adderrall the next time I play but I do not know when that will happen. It is also pretty sad that I have to take drugs just to play. Thats one of the reasons why I look forward to the days when I don't play anymore.

Since I haven't been playing, that has left with me with a lot of free time so I have had the time to take care of some personal affairs and it is allowing me to be social again. I have been extremely anti-social lately and I decided it would be best if I started seeing the people I care about.

I will need to get back soon as I am on a set time schedule and only have so much time to make a certain amount of money.

Anyway, my reason for writing is follows. I checked my email at work today and I got this email. This definitely put a huge smile on face.

"Hello CUgold61,

Congratulations on your performance in the MTT TLB for September. For finishing in the top 1000, you have earned a ticket for the Monthly TLB Top 1000 $20,000 Freeroll. The event is scheduled for October 12th at 15:00 ET. The tournament will be deployed in the next few days under the Tourney > Special tab.

If you have any questions regarding your prize or the MTT TLB, please let us know."


I defintitely look forward to this as I will be playing for a free shot at $4K. Also I will get to play with all of the best internet players in the world in one tournament. This will defintitely be a measuring stick for me as most the players I usually play with are terrible and constantly get downright lucky against me. Since I am playing against a bunch of good players, I'll probably get knocked out in the first 30 minutes with a giant cooler.

I will probably make my next update after this tournament.

I also decided to crunch some numbers since I haven't done it in a really long time.

Since April 08 I am up $16,097. That's all online with one live session and a little sportsbetting.

Since I turned 21 I am up $15,786 playing live in LA card clubs and Vegas.

Prior to being 21, I made about $12,000 playing online before I really took it seriously.

Prior to that I made another $3,000-$5,000 but none of that was kept track of since I was just dicking around with friends back then.

Since I quit school I have made $31,883. That play is from October 06-present. During that time there are about 7-8 months where I didn't play at all.

No comments: