Monday, September 15, 2008

September: Weeks 1 and 2

Let me start off by saying that poker is all luck. I don't know about anyone else, but I seem to get the shitty end of the percentages most of the time I play.

There is only one thing I see going disproportionately in my favor.

That is, getting all in with this type of situation: AQ vs. AK and having the board come out as such: 5 5 3 3 6 for a chop. I have probably had AQ in this spot and managed to chop with AK about 10 times or so in the last few weeks whereas it has probably only happened to me once.

Everything else however, I am getting fucking screwed.

At least 3 times a day right now I am having someone crack my overpair with an underpair AIPF.

I got pocket aces popped again yesterday by A x. This time by A 7. Thats the 6th time in the last few weeks whereas I have probably won in that spot maybe once or twice in my entire poker life.

For the last week or so I have been getting crucified on my coinflips which is pretty standard. Never have I been the crucifier when it comes to coinflips since I have never won more then 3 or 4 in a row but I am usually the one getting stuck on the cross.

I am also getting knocked out of every tournament as a result of a bad beat. Maybe 1 out of 10 right now are ending with me shoving bullshit at the wrong time and running into a bigger hand.

Here are my results

Week 1:

Cashes 11/74 14.86%
Winnings $2477.84
Final Table Tables 3
Largest cash $1502.56

This was actually a really shitty week with the exception to 3 good tournies. 14% cash rate is absolutely terrible. I did however make 3 final tables in 4 days. The first was a 9th place finish in a $30 freezeout with 700+ players.

I got fucked really hard like I always do.

I had 300K chips with 15 players left and the next guy had only 100K. Of course I finished 9th with 1st being 4K. I took 4 bad beats in succession. I don't remember nor care what they were. The last one was only one I remember because the guy snap called 3/4 of his stack with Q J when I shoved all in with a superior hand. Oh yeah, he spiked his 3 outer. Shocking.

I then got 3/180 in a $20 tournament.

And then, the only thing I have done well in during the last few weeks.

I took 5/3339 for $1500. I came in to the final table as the 5th stack and finished there so I have no gripes. I will say though that I made a huge mistake 6 handed and then of course got rewarded by getting busted with a bad beat when I had K K only a couple minutes later. It was also my first ever final table in a 1000+ player tournament. Even crazier was the fact that it was over 3000 players.

Week 2: Not much to talk about.

Cashes 13/42 30.95%
Winnings $620.59
Final Tables 0
Biggest Cash $90.09 WTF?

As you can see I took a big loss in MTT's this week. Ironically enough I cashed in almost 31% of my MTT's which is a ridiculously gaudy number. That will probably never happen again but even with that number I still lost money. I ran well enough/played patiently enough to make the money in a lot of tournaments but I ran bad after getting in the money.

I also started playing a lot more sit n goes this week which is why my games played are down for the week. I did manage to make $900 last week in STT which salvaged the week.

Overall

Cashes 24/116 20.69%
Winnings $3098.43

Overall for the month I am up about $1500 in poker.

I also have started betting on sports regularly. A friend of mine has made a shitload of money handicapping football and he is going to let me ride his coattails.

Overall I am up $300 betting sports since Saturday.

So that puts me up $1800 overall on the month which is way behind schedule.

To make matters worse, I have started smoking weed regularly again and am starting to get back to the point of not being able to play without smoking first. Hopefully that doesn't persist.

I am also sorry for the negativity but I hate poker and I hate the way it makes me feel. I look forward to the day I don't have to play anymore which I hope comes sooner then later.

No comments: