Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Another good day

I started my session today hoping that it wouldn't be like the way yesterday ended. Fortunately, I got all the bad cards out of the way last night and ran exceptionally well.

People did some really retarded shit tonight and I held up just about every time. I think out of all the all-ins that I was involved in where I was the favorite, I held all but 2 times maybe 3 times max. Several times I got all-in with top pair top kicker and got called by a guy who had bottom pair and no other draws. It's almost like free money when you actually hold up.

I spent about half as much time playing since I was pretty tired and wasn't in any mood to be giving back half my winnings like I did the night before.

I made $147 playing poker and cleared another $10 of my bonus which has hit my account. My account is now sitting at a healthy $1134 and that is before the $120 in rake-back that I will be getting paid in the middle of the next month. I feel really good about the way things are going and hope that things continued onward.

I would also like to say that today was probably the best that I played overall. I played a lot more controlled then I normally do and didn't play as maniacally. I made a few good lay-downs even though there will still a few bad calls. Even with that, I probably made more good lay-downs in the 1200 or so hands I played then in the 6000 hands I played over the weekend.

I also made the best I read I have made the entire time as well.

Check this hand out. I was pretty proud of myself.

I get dealt K K.

There is a raise to $.80 and I re-raise to $2.30. Another guy just calls and the initial raiser throws it away.

A x x w/ 2 clubs.

Over the last few minutes my opponent has done some really retarded things. He bought in about 20 minutes earlier and his stack had depleted and he got all-in for his last $3 on the turn with top 2 and got called by an open ender and the guy caught his straight. He re-loaded and on the very next hand shoved all-in UTG and nobody called. I was in the BB and wanted to call so badly with 5 5 but knew a better spot would await me. He ended up making another dumb play that worked when he bluffed a guy out of a pot.

Anyway, I always say you should always lead out when 3 betting even on a scary flop. So I bet $4 in a $5 pot.

This guy has position on me and insta-reraises. I think he had the "raise any" button checked before I even bet because this was a snap raise. I called without even thinking about it and checked the blank turn. He goes all-in on the turn for another $12 and I snap called. He shows K 3 for the nut-flush draw. Fortunately, I wasn't at Commerce and actually dodged the river and the guy berated me in the chat for making the worst call ever. What he didn't know was that I already have notes on him saying that he's a fish and whatever else.

That's my story for today. Hopefully I cross the $1200 threshold tomorrow.

No comments: